CELEBRITY IN CHIEF BARRY O DECLARED LAST NIGHT AT THE WHITE HOUSE, "BUT LET ME BE CLEAR: AS A CITIZEN, AND AS PRESIDENT, I BELIEVE THAT THE SKY IS BLUE."
TODAY WHILE VISITING AN AREA MILES AWAY FROM THE GULF DISASTER, BARRY O DECLARED HE "WAS NOT COMMENTING" ON THE COLOR OF THE SKY.
FROM THE TCI WIRE:
The US and Iran have managed to align their interests on the future of Iraq, despite their clashes over many issues.
The US accuses Iran of supporting armed groups in Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine and Afghanistan. Iran is critical about Washington's stances on Israel at the expense of its neighbours' interests. The Iranians recently detained three US citizens who crossed the border, who it accuses of spying. Iran's nuclear ambitions also remain on the US file.
· The crime of killing medical doctors is back in Baghdad in full force.
· Al-Qaeda is luring Sahwa Councils -- the Sunni militia the U.S. raised and armed -- by paying them salaries higher than those the U.S. offers.
· The Iraqi army is asking U.S. troops to extend their occupation of the country for another decade. The reason is that the army comprises mainly candidates from sectarian parties who are not capable of guarding the country.
· Iran wants free shipments of Iraqi oil in return for compensations of the 1991 Gulf War.
· The bombing of fixed U.S. military bases is easier than smoking a cigarette.
· Militia leaders have returned to Baghdad camouflaged in parliamentary garb and quiet and moderate turbans.
RECOMMENDED: "Iraq snapshot"
"Pig-Pen Ambassador departs Iraq"
"Veterans for Peace chapter calls Iraq War 'old news'"
"Easy Cheesy Pasta and Bean casserole"
"All were men"
"Maxine, Science Friday, Hillary Is 44"
"good for now"
"2 from NPR"
"Friday! and a great magazine"
"Birds gotta fly, whores gotta lie"
"THIS JUST IN! IT TAKES MORE THAN A VILLAGE OF MORONS!"